Dr. Doug Girod, MD, chancellor of the University of Kansas, will be the featured speaker at the MSSC annual meeting on Dec. 4. This year’s event is at Exploration Place, and exhibit areas will be open for viewing. The meeting also will include Project Access’ Wine with a Purpose auction.
Unlike past years, the event is free to MSSC members and spouses.
Girod became the 18th chancellor of KU in 2017. He previously served as executive vice chancellor at KU Medical Center, where he oversaw the educational, research, patient care and community engagement missions of the schools of Medicine, Nursing and Health.
A head and neck surgeon, Girod first joined the KU Medical Center faculty in 1994. He became chair of the Otolaryngology department in 2002.
Kansas Medical Society President Dr. Robert Gibbs also will speak briefly at the meeting. And there will be a ceremonial “passing of the gavel” from current MSSC president Dr. Jed Delmore to incoming president Dr. Michael Lievens.
The meeting also will feature the annual wine auction that benefits Project Access. To RSVP or donate wine for the auction, please contact Denise Phillips at (316) 683-7558 or email@example.com.
Annual membership meeting and Wine with a Purpose auction
- WHEN: 6-8 p.m. on Tuesday, Dec. 4
- WHERE: Exploration Place, 300 N. McLean Blvd.
- FEATURING: Guest speaker and KU chancellor Dr. Doug Girod, MD, tours of exhibits and Project Access’ Wine with a Purpose fundraiser.
- COST: Free to MSSC members and spouses
- INFO: To RSVP or to donate wine for the auction, please contact Denise Phillips at (316) 683-7558.